CDD – Viacom recherche un(e) compliance officer en CDD – (Tous)
Emploi culturel : description de l’entreprise et de ses activités
Viacom is recruiting for a Compliance Officer on fixed-term bases. Position to be filled as soon as possible.
Viacom is home to the world’s premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories. In France Viacom’s leading brands include BET, Game One, J-One, Nickelodeon , MTV and Paramount.
Through television and digital media platforms, Viacom and its brands connect with kids, youth and adults. They develop original, authentic and exclusive content for distinct audience that make them among the most vibrant, diverse and culturally relevant collection of brands in media and entertainment.
- Viewing all on-air long-form programs for PARAMOUNT CHANNEL, MTV and BET to ensure compliance with OFCOM broadcast regulations (UK regulation authority) and deciding on the correct parental ratings/scheduling restrictions;
- Viewing and advising Production teams for local short-form productions (trailers, local productions) and the Ad sales and marketing teams for their editorial deals (sponsorship campaigns, advertiser funded programming, marketing and product placement deals) ;
- Working closely with Programming, Versioning and Mediadesk to coordinate workload and establish delivery schedules;
- Editing masters (Adobe Premiere) to produce fully compliant transmission copies and ensuring the French & English audio tracks match the video file;
- Administrative functions including providing detailed content notes for all content viewed (time coded compliance notes/ scene description/ correct parental rating assigned /any product placement flags).
- Flagging of issues to the Legal Department, initiate and engage in team discussions on regulatory or editorial matters;
- Handling a double-reporting to Legal Department in France and UK compliance team.
Knowledge and experience
- Perfectly fluent in French and English – will be looking at French and English content and will be working within a UK and French office environment;
- Strong editorial awareness and knowledge of television audiences and audience expectations;
- Editing experience (Adobe Premiere) highly desirable;
- First successful experience as a compliance officer for a television broadcaster desirable;
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office (outlook, word, excel) and ideally used to working with databases;
- Experience/knowledge of Ofcom and European broadcast regulations are desirable but training will be given.
- Education to degree level in audiovisual preferred
- Ability to manage own workload;
- High level of attention to detail and a high level of responsibility: the work goes directly to air, failure to meet the relevant regulations could result in financial penalties or a revocation of licence and the ability to broadcast ;
- Ability to work to deadlines (workload is intrinsically linked to delivery of material and transmission deadlines) and multitasking (prioritizing viewing materials, researching and feeding back advice on contentious materials) ;
- Team player ;
- Self-motivated, proactive.
Be available to have a training and work in the London offices between February and April 2016 (for a 2 week period maximum) and come back in the French offices to execute the rest of the contract.
Contact : If you are interested, send your CV and cover letter to the address below: [email protected]
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.