URGENT – Curatorial Assistance – Art Exhibition Project in Paris
Emploi culturel : description de l’entreprise et de ses activités
IDAIA – International Development for Australian Indigenous Art – focuses on developing the presence and appreciation of Australian Indigenous Art among international audiences through educating, curating, sourcing and facilitating exhibition and acquisition projects.
Based on strong ethical principles and best trade practices, IDAIA only works with official Aboriginal art structures: the remote community-based art centres (Aboriginal-owned artist cooperatives), and urban-based artists.
POSITION: Curatorial assistance for an exciting, upcoming exhibition of contemporary Aboriginal art.
Involvement in all phases of the exhibition project.
Interaction with a variety of stakeholders locally and internationally.
A hands-on role for motivated and serious candidates willing to gain/further develop an experience in the art sector, contribute to the actions of a growing international organisation, and to the development of the ethical and sustainable contemporary Indigenous Australian art sector.
- (Post-) Graduate Art History/ Curatorship/Museum Studies/Anthropology degree or equivalent;
- Interest in Indigenous Australian Art & Culture appreciated;
- Flexibility to attend occasional ‘out of hours’ events and international phone calls;
- Personal computer.
- Autonomy, strong rigour and attention to details;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office, Databases and Photo/Design softwares.
- Successful experience in an art gallery / cultural institution or equivalent;
- Experience / Proven interest in facilitating visitors experience;
- Knowledge / experience in art installation, scenography and conservation appreciated.
Internship duration: 3 months minimum (flexible - longer term possible)
IMMEDIATE START for the right candidate
Application including CV and cover letter to send to [email protected]
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.