Curatorial & Management Assistant (Bil. English / Korean)
Emploi culturel : description de l’entreprise et de ses activités
Le Consortium (www.leconsortium.fr) is a contemporary art center based in Dijon (France) designed by the architect Shigeru Ban, with offices in Paris. In 2014, Le Consortium takes part into the development of the Asia Culture Center in Gwangju (South Korea), managing the space design, public art and multimedia system strategy until the opening of this institution at the end of 2015, with a possible extension until 2017.
CURATORIAL & MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
Bilingual English / Korean, French would be a ‘plus’ Based in Paris (France)
Part-time job, about twenty (20) hours/week (to be negotiated, possible evolution)
Requires ability to edit invoices as independent worker (freelance, auto-entrepreneur, entreprise unipersonnelle, etc.)
Le Consortium is seeking a flexible, resourceful, and motivated individual to provide curatorial assistance and administrative support to the directors Seungduk Kim and Franck Gautherot in their mission for the Asia Culture Center (ACC), located in Gwangju (Korea), and other related matters. From our office in Paris (France), the incumbent will assist in programs and projects related to research, cataloguing, acquisition, registration, publication... This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled individual to actively support a dynamic curatorial project during an exciting time, and to apprehend many steps and tasks of a project management from A to Z.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
• Perform a variety of administrative tasks in support of the directors including answering correspondence related to the Korean interlocutors and processing operational records of departmental activities.
• Write and/or translate interpretative and informational labels, brochures, and other related materials as required ; assist in the research and preparation for administrative forms, public or private grants ; update and organize files.
• Assist in planning, developing, and organizing events and public art commissions ; assist in supervising the preparation and installation of artworks ; coordinate administrative details of exhibitions as required.
• Respond to requests for information about the activities and/or realizations of the Korean staff.
• Maintain some budgets and verify and process invoices, assessments and accounting balance sheets.
• Organize & report Skype meetings between the team in France (3 to 4 people) and the one in Korea (4 to 5 people).
• Advanced degree or Working toward advanced degree in Art History and/or Management of Art Institutions with an emphasis on Asia ; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Solid administrative and office skills
• Computer proficiency ; knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint ; basic graphic editing
skills and knowledge of InDesign ; capacity to evolve on PC and Mac
• Excellent written and oral communication skills ; strong organizational, planning, research, and presentation skills
• Proficient in speaking, reading and writing both English and Korean (French would be appreciated)
• Ability to work independently and to exercise initiative and good judgment
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, artists and officials
• Detail-oriented, meticulous, and conscientious in following through on assigned tasks
€ 15.00 - 18.00 net per hour, or € 1350 - 1600 net per month (to be negotiated given study and experience profile)
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.