Tour Director Europe
Emploi culturel : description de l’entreprise et de ses activités
Explorica is a dedicated leader in educational travel, providing teacher-led tours full of authentic, interactive learning experiences. Since 2000, we’ve helped more than 1 million teachers and their students experience new cultures, languages and people in over 75 countries. Explorica’s industry-leading customer service and exclusive online tools enable teachers to build personalized tours with the most options and flexibility in educational travel.
We offer 24/7 support service during tour season, we provide professional TD and First aid certificate trainings, conferences and meetings in order to achieve the best results.
Tour Director Europe
Do you know the European Continent inside and out? Do you have a wealth of knowledge and the confidence to share it with others? We are looking for energetic & passionate people who have great interpersonal skills and who enjoy helping young travelers discover everything that Europe has to offer.
- You will accompany and lead North American youth groups and will be responsible for their well-being.
- You will welcome groups at the airport, check groups in and out of hotels and will be the liaison between tour groups and travel suppliers such as sites, hotels, restaurants, and bus companies.
- You will be expected to research specific destinations and provide commentary on the destination countries, as well as to suggest activities for periods of free time.
- You are a trusted source of knowledge and you will be expected to share that knowledge with your tour groups.
The perfect candidate will be an educator, leader, confidant, adventurer, performer, diplomat and innovative. You should have at least one year of experience leading tours in Europe and the ability to use digital cameras, computers and email. You should be a problem-solver who is energetic and prepared. This is a challenging position, but a rewarding one as well.
We are going to consider only applicants who meet our below requirements:
- Available to work as freelance from March to July 2017
- Have proven experience as a Travel Director
- Minimum 25 years old
- Fluent English and at least one other European language
- Hold a valid European Union passport or valid work permits for the European Union
- Based in one of the European capital cities
- Have University degree level
- Artistic background, World war knowledge or local guiding experience is an asset
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.