Un(e) chef archiviste à l’Unesco – Paris (75)
Inscrivez-vous à notre liste
Abonnez-vous à notre liste de diffusion pour obtenir des trucs et des mises à jour intéressantes dans votre boîte e-mail.
Emploi culturel : description de l’entreprise et de ses activités
BUREAU OF MANAGEMENT OF SUPPORT SERVICES
Lieu principal :FR-Paris
Under the direct supervision of the UNESCO’s Chief Information Officer (CIO), the incumbent is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies, policies, procedures and guidelines for the Organization’s archives, library and records management services. He/she manages the Archives, Library and Records Management Unit (KMI/ALR) as well as its financial and human resources. In particular, he/she will perform the following tasks:
• Plan and manage the Unit’s activities in order to preserve and develop the institutional memory of UNESCO; ensure that the UNESCO Archives functions effectively as the legal deposit for the Organization’s records, documents and publications, both paper and digital; lead records management services by developing, maintaining and enforcing records access and retention policies across the Organization.
• Establish, develop, operate and manage general and specialized library and information services and professional networks; develop policies related to collection, development and management of library materials.
• Enhance the role of the UNESCO’s Archives and Library both within the Organization and towards academic communities and the public by promoting easy and well-structured access to UNESCO’s documentary resources and by developing outreach activities.
• Identify priorities and targeted projects, including projects on preservation, digitization and access to UNESCO’s archival material.
• Build partnerships for the UNESCO’s Archives and Library and ensure fundraising with the purpose of enhancing sustainable preservation of and access to the Organization’s archives and records.
• Represent the UNESCO’s Archives and Library in various international and inter-agency activities, such as the ICA, IFLA and UNSEIAC, and the UN Consortium for the acquisition of electronic information.
• Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Information Studies, Library Science, or in a related field of Social and Human Sciences. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• A minimum 7 years of progressively responsible relevant experience in the field of archives and records management, of which preferably 3 years acquired at the international level.
• Proven experience in managing library and information services.
• Experience in digitization projects for documents and multimedia.
• Proven experience in leading, managing and motivating staff and teams.
• Excellent knowledge of archival, library and/or document management systems.
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
• Sound judgement and decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability, including the capacity to maintain effective working relations in a multicultural environment.
• Proven ability to communicate, advocate and negotiate with staff and stakeholders at all levels within and outside the Organization.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Good IT skills.
• Excellent/very good knowledge of English or French and good/fair knowledge of the other working language.
• Experience in archives and records management and/or library, or information services within a UN entity or another international organization.
• Experience in fund raising and resource mobilization.
• Knowledge of international standards and policy development in the area of Information Studies.
Postulez en ligne : https://careers.unesco.org/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl
Classé dans:Bibliothèques, CDD, Contrats, Organisations internationales, Services d'archives, Temps complet, Temps de travail Tagged: 75
Offre d'emploi publiée sur Biblioemplois