Un(e) Documentation Project Lead – Genève (Suisse)
Inscrivez-vous à notre liste
Abonnez-vous à notre liste de diffusion pour obtenir des trucs et des mises à jour intéressantes dans votre boîte e-mail.
Emploi culturel : description de l’entreprise et de ses activités
Présentation – missions
Médecins Sans Frontières – Switzerland seeks for its headquarters in Geneva a Documentation project lead.
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent medical and humanitarian organisation that provides care to populations in need, to people affected by natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and regardless of their race, religion, belief or political affiliation (MSF Charter).
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centres supported by 24 sections and offices worldwide. MSF Operational Centre of Geneva is one of these centres. The operations are implemented by around 40 field teams, 20 mission coordination teams and organizational units based in Africa, Middle East, Asia and Central America.
The MSF OCG has initiated a project to design a knowledge management system (KMS project) aiming at providing a very easy-to-use single entry point to access as much documentation as possible in an organized way for all MSF employee and to allow essential transversal collaboration. The access must be granted in particular for field based staff, even in remote locations with limited Internet connectivity.
To achieve this objective, the KMS project includes two subprojects: 1. The definition of a document management policy (structuring the way the documentation is published) and 2. The delivery of an information platform accessible from all OCG sites, that should be upgradeable to future needs. The project also includes the decommissioning of redundant platforms.
Under the supervision of the KMS project manager, the documentation project lead is in charge of defining a document management policy for the OCG and implementing this policy.
Under the supervision of the KMS project manager the documentation project lead will:
- Map the existing document management processes and the information flows
- Inventory a broad sample of existing documentation
- Define a document typology and nomenclature/metadata common to the OCG and specific to each department
- Define document validation principles
- Define publication rules
- Define update principles
- Provide guidelines for distribution and access to documents
- Define a document naming plan and a classification plan
- Define rules for decommissioning and archiving documents
- Provide guidelines/rules for templates, format, size, graphic charter…
- Accompany and train “publishers” of the different departments through the document policy and the use of the knowledge sharing platform(s)
- Set-up internal control processes and continuous training tools to ensure the sustainability of the document management on the long run.
Moreover, the documentation project lead will act as a subject matter expert in documentation science, and proactively provide guidance to the KMS project manager on any action necessary to set-up a functional document management system that is not covered here-above. He will also challenge the technical choices proposed by the implementing partner in architecturing and configuring the KMS software.
- Temporary contract (16 months)
- Start date: ASAP
- Full time position based in Geneva with potential occasional travels to other Operational centers in Europe and field visits.
- University degree in documentation / information sciences
- Certification in administrating knowledge management softwares an asset
- Certification in project management an asset
- Demonstrated experience in defining a document policy in an international organization
- Experience in implementing a document management system
- Analytical and synthetic
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both in speaking and writing
- Team player
- Service, quality and results oriented
- Autonomous and rigorous
- Fluent in English and French
- Spanish, Portugese or Arabic an asset
Contact et informations
Please send your complete application (including cover letter and CV in English) by email latest on 17th July 2016 to: [email protected], stating « Documentation project lead » in the subject.
The applications will be considered with strict confidentiality. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information on MSF-Switzerland, please check our website: http://www.msf.ch/
Source : Enssib
Classé dans:Bib. associatives, Bibliothèques, CDD, Contrats, Temps complet, Temps de travail Tagged: archives, chargé de mission, gestion de projet, Médesins sans Frontières, plan de classification, plateformes, Suisse