Bilingual Fundraising & Communication Assistant
(6 months, based in Cassis, France)
THE CAMARGO FOUNDATION
The Camargo Foundation, an independent American 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Cassis, France is seeking a bilingual Fundraising and Communication Assistant.
Founded by American artist and philanthropist Jerome Hill (1905-1972), the Camargo Foundation fosters creativity, research, and experimentation through its international residency program for artists, scholars, and thinkers. Since 1971 Camargo has hosted nearly 1,500 individuals working in the arts and humanities from all over the world. Located in Cassis, France, on the edge of the Mediterranean Sea, the Foundation offers time and space in a contemplative and supportive environment, giving residents the freedom to think, create, and connect.
The Camargo Foundation, with a history of over 50 years of support for forward-looking work in the arts and humanities, is a catalyst for innovative work and fresh understanding across divisions in a changing world. To implement this vision, diversification of funding is needed on both sides of the Atlantic. For the United States, a fundraising strategy is being developed with a US-based consultant.
The Fundraising and Communication Assistant will work closely with the Camargo Foundation’s Executive Director and the External Relations & Development Coordinator, as well as the US-based consultant to implement this strategy for the United States. Responsibilities will also include working on the Camargo Foundation’s international and English communication.
For more information please visit: www.camargofoundation.org.
The major responsibilities of the position will include:
• Participating in the implementation of the US fundraising strategy
• Preparing all required fundraising documents and materials
• Researching potential institutional and individual donors from the arts and humanities fields.
• Developing and managing applications as well as follow-up requirements, including reports.
• Submitting online applications and filing reports as foundations require.
• Managing donor cultivation follow-up: thank you letter, database, reports, etc.
• Organizing and updating the database in collaboration with the Camargo Foundation team and the consultant in the United States
• Supporting alumni cultivation efforts (database, special events, etc.)
• Helping in the definition and implementation of the fundraising strategy in France and Europe
• Drafting and proofing English language communication materials.
• Preparing the English language posts for social networks
• Preparing English language updates for the website
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• College degree in relevant subject preferred.
• Some fundraising or non-profit experience preferred
• Knowledge of the USA through residency there preferred
• Excellent English written and interpersonal skills
• French required
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a team and experience in a small team
• Interest in a multicultural and international work environment
• Full Time, based in Cassis,
• French employment contract (CDD 6 months)
• Remuneration based on experience, health insurance, 50% public transport
• Application deadline: September 27th, 2023
• Date of interview week : October 2d, 2023
• Desired start date: November, 2023
Please submit an application letter, writing sample and resume to: [email protected]
The Camargo Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.